Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I Love Libraries

I love libraries. Always have. I was the kid who wanted to take out sixty books at once. My mom eventually had to make a rule that I could only take out as many books as I could carry. I learned to stretch out my arms and balance a huge number of books between my fingertips and chin -- enough books that if I'd dropped them, I'd have crushed a small puppy.

I'm still that way. Confronted with a smorgasboard of books, I'll say, "Let's take them all." And so I stagger out of the library with more books than I could possibly read before the due date. I can't help myself.

Anyway, my mom (who is directly responsible for my addiction to libraries) is visiting and discovered this song, and I just had to share it:

I LOVE MY LIBRARY by Lunch Money

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

I love them too! I lov the smell of books! Old books, new books, leather bound books, hard cvered books, felt covered books, soft covered books. All the different texts and pages. Different sizes and different shapes...

Srry xDD

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Q said...

We used to take this huge, sturdy canvas bag that can hold an inordinate number of books. It was quite nice.

I like the song.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger AnnaDee said...

i love libraries to. when i was little, the city children librarian was my baby sitter- he was a member of my church, and he and his wife would come, and bring books, and then my brother and i would 'yay or nay' them. it was fun.

i was the first one in my school, i think, to discover the limit at the library- they only let you take 50 books.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Samantha said...

on the topic of libraries,the new Northborough library opened recently... the addition is huge and beautiful!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

SavyLeartist: I love the smell of books too. Even dusty, musty ones.

Q: I now have a big canvas bag as my Library Bag. Very useful.

AnnaDee: A babysitter with books is definitely the best sort of babysitter!

Samantha: I'd been wondering how renovations were going. Can't wait to see it! Glad to hear it turned out well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home