Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ice on Amazon!

Hey, looky what I just found. ICE now has it's very own Amazon page! I find it so surreal -- and so exciting -- when a book goes from being a Word file on my hard drive to a big fancy page on Amazon. Makes its forthcoming publication seem so much more real.

And I learned lots of juicy tidbits from the great oracle Amazon...

Apparently, ICE now has an official publication date: October 6, 2009. Hee hee! It's a Tuesday -- I just checked -- and what a lovely Tuesday it will be. Must go download a countdown timer so I can officially start counting the seconds -- erm, I mean, start waiting patiently like the cool, collected, professional author-person I am.

And ICE now has its very own ISBN number: 978-1-4169-8643-0. Isn't that just the most beautiful number you've ever heard? Try singing it to the tune of Silent Night: nine-seven-eight, one-four-one-six, nine-eight-six, four-three-ohhh... Pretty darn melodious, huh? Huh?! Why are you looking at me like I'm a crazy person?

And the coolest part of all, the book is now available for pre-order!! I find this very amusing since, of course, the book does not exist yet. Just last week, the manuscript was covered in red copyedit marks, sitting in a big heap of papers on my desk. But yay for Amazon for being prepared!

After discovering the Amazon page, I knew I had to celebrate. So, quite naturally, I hopped in my time machine (these days, pretty much all YA authors have one) and went back to 1990. I couldn't help but share my news with everyone I met, including a rather curious looking "musician" with a strangely angular hairdo. He was so excited that he wrote a song in honor of the occasion. The tune was pretty clearly ripped off from a song by Queen, but hey, it's the thought that counts. And the rest is music history...



I'm back home now, and can I just say that time travel rocks. It's well worth all the paperwork you have to go through to get your operator's license. And the road test is a piece of cake -- just avoid ripping holes in the space-time continuum and you're golden.

Ooh, before I forget, I wanted to let you know about my upcoming visit to the Huntington Public Library in Huntington, NY. I'll be talking about my books and writing and pretty much anything that people want me to talk about. So if you'll be in the area tomorrow (Tuesday) night, please drop by:

Tuesday, February 24th at 7pm
Huntington Public Library
338 Main Street, Huntington, NY

I'm looking forward to a fun event. And if you can't make it in time, I'll be happy to lend you my time machine...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Cool calm professional? If my book was publish (let alone my third) I'd be caling every one I knew on the hour every hour counting down to the publishing date!!!

Ahhh Vanilla Ice, it's ripped off of Under Pressure but I do love it so xD

Congrds!!!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Q said...

Whoo-hoo! Preordering on Amazon is really a wonderful thing, even if it means that yoru whole order won't come for several months. I tried to place an order on books once, and one of them wasn't coming out for a few months, so I had to cancel that one. :(

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

SavyLeartist: Perhaps I'll start with calling once a day and then ramp it up to once an hour closer to October... I'm sure my family wouldn't be too annoyed, right?

Q: I love the pre-order feature. It's such a lovely surprise present when the books do arrive.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Sarah,

Good job on your accomplishment! Nowdays, more and more people are publishing books, and I am still trying to find a publisher. I am in the middle of trying to scrap up some old poetry, and furiously write some new ones...

I have sad news. I had been e-mailing this publisher for quite some time. Then I got out of correspondance for a few months. It seems this publisher has left the place and this new person is e-mailing me and not being very friendly. I am sad to say I will not be corresponding with them.

Oh, lonely world. Where art thou trustworthy publishers?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay, a date! I can now add you to my library's order list. Not just the ordinary order list, oh no. You are going on the GREEN order list. GREEN means you are absolutely going to be ordered because we cannot live without you!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Katie: Good luck! Stick with it! I'm convinced that the key to publication is perseverance.

Jennifer: Yay for GREEN! Kermit was clearly wrong. Thank you!!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Delaney said...

Now I'm going to have ICE's ISBN stuck in my head all night! :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Delaney: Better than having Vanilla Ice stuck in your head. :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I can imagine funny that must be to know people are able to pre-order your book, which, ahem, isn't finished yet... I envy you having your own ISBN number!!
(...I never say I-S-B-N, I pronounce it isbin ;D so everyone looks at me funny. But I can't stop, I started when I was little...)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Anonymous: I always say the letters, but I've heard lots of people pronounce it as a word. You are not alone. :) (I always pronounce SCBWI as a word, even though the founders of SCBWI themselves say the letters.)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Maya Ganesan said...

YAY! Congrats on Ice!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Maya: Thanks! I am so, so, so excited!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger BookChic said...

OMG AWESOME!!! I had no idea you even had another book coming out. I was just talking about Into/Out of the Wild with someone and was like "I wonder if she's got something new coming out soon..." so I came on here and BAM! A new book!!

I so want a review copy, lol.

Congratulations on selling the book, finding it on Amazon and getting an ISBN! YAY! :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

Sarah,

I'm heading up to the library today. I'll be on the lookout for your book if they have it!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yay yay yay! Can't can't wait!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Alyssa F said...

Hi! Just stopping by to let you know you've been nominated for a blog award!
Details here: http://theshadyglade.blogspot.com/2009/03/slight-deviation-of-plans.html

And I can't wait for ICE too!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

BookChic: Thanks! I am so, so, so (add a few more million "so"s) excited!

Katie: Hope you like it!

Erin: I can't wait either. This book was really a labor of love.

Alyssa: So cool! Thanks!!!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Nikki Carson (Katie) said...

I should invite you to MY blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home