Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why I Write

This made my day and reminded me why I write...

From an Amazon Customer Review of Into the Wild posted yesterday:

Me and my dad had a great time reading this book. Although I'm only eight, my dad is REALLY old, so he qualifies to help me with this review! I love stories about mysteries, and I thought Puss 'n Boots was really funny.


My dad and I read this over a couple of weeks, a little bit every night. My favorite part was when Julie was a princess, and they had the test. That was really funny.

I think you did a great job, this being your first book and all. I also liked the part when the wild escaped. Another part is when she met her dad. I liked when her bike came alive, too.

We live in Shrewsbury, next to Northboro. I liked when Spag's was the wizard's house, the ogre's castle was Higgins Armory. I liked it when you used places that I knew in your book. Keep up the good work!

Pam and her Dad

Thank you so much, Pam. (And your dad too!) You made me so happy and inspired me to get lots of great writing done last night. I was still going strong at 3am when my husband reminded me that we had to get up in four hours and finally dragged me to bed.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Erin said...

That just adorable. How sweet!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

Hey Sarah -

I just read what this great kid wrote and see that your book has Worcester in it. (I apologize I haven't read it yet - but now I plan to ASAP).

I grew up in Worc. and though I left many a year ago - my teenage plan to make the Worcester Center fountain overflow with Mr Bubble seems like yetserday!

alan silberberg

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Erin: I know! I keep rereading it. It makes me very happy.

Alan: So nice to meet you! Yay for Worcesterites! Just took a peek at your website. Your book looks great. I'm looking forward to reading it.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Wait a minute.. that's why your writing? I thought you became an author for the money and power! Hahahahhahahaaahahahahahaa! (sorry!. So, SO sorry.)

It is a lovely note, and it is one of the wonders of the age that you, as an author, have such instant access to your readers.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

H: Well, it is nice to have access to the company jet and private island... I'm totally kidding, of course. Penguin doesn't have a jet. They have a giant, flying penguin. His name is Arnold. He's very nice. But I digress. Yes, I completely agree with you -- it's so cool to be able to see feedback like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home