Friday, August 10, 2007

Readergirlz, Baker and Taylor, and SFSNNJ

Okay, I think I'm done running around like a crazy troll. And now I have some cool Into the Wild news to report:

Readergirlz

Into the Wild is listed as a Recommended Read in the August 2007 issue of Readergirlz. YAY!!!

Click here to see the issue.

And click here to discuss Into the Wild and the other recommended reads on the Readergirlz MySpace forum.

Baker and Taylor

Into the Wild is the featured review for teens in the August 2007 issue of Baker and Taylor's CATS Meow, a public library newsletter for children's and teen services. Also, YAY!!!

Click here to see the full newsletter.

And here's the review:

"There have been many fairy tale related books lately, but don't overlook this one. The personalities of the characters are fresh and fun and the story is original. The characters have escaped from the Wild and are enjoying their lives beyond their stories: Zel (Rapunzel) runs a hair salon, Cindy (Cinderella) dresses in bright clothes and speeds around in an orange car, the wicked witch runs the Wishing Well Motel, and Snow's seven are grumpy, sexist old men. However, the Wild is again growing strong and the characters may be doomed to forget their lives of free will and be trapped reenacting their stories forever. There are references to familiar old tales as well as some more obscure ones. The story is fast moving and fun as the characters pull together to defeat the Wild while trying not to get trapped in any of its stories." -- Alyson Del Vecchio, Baker and Taylor's CATS Meow

SFSNNJ Event

This Saturday at 8pm, I will be in Paramus, New Jersey as the guest speaker at Face the Fiction, a monthly event hosted by the Science Fiction Society of Northern New Jersey (SFSNNJ). (Have I exceeded my YAY quota for this post, or can I go for one more? I gonna go for it...) YAY!!! I think this will be really fun. Here are the details:

Saturday, August 11 at 8pm
Face the Fiction - SFSNNJ
Borders Books & Music, 230 Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ

I'm planning to read a couple scenes from Into the Wild and then talk about my writing process and road to publication and why I think all novels can be improved by the addition of a talking cat. If you're in New Jersey on Saturday, I hope you'll stop by.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy to have INTO THE WILD as a recommended read at readergirlz! Thanks for participating, Sarah!

Lorie Ann, readergirlz diva/author

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Little Willow said...

Yay on all counts. :)

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Lorie Ann and the rest of the Readergirlz: Thank you all so much! I'm really thrilled and honored.

Little Willow: Thanks! YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home