Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Boston Globe Article (and more!)

It's been press, press, and more press this past week in Sarah-land...

Boston Globe

Look Ma, I'm in the Boston Globe!!! An article about me and Into the Wild appeared on the front page of the Globe West section of last Thursday's Boston Globe (Globe West edition). Wowza! And it includes a picture of me in front of the Agway Rooster, a landmark in my hometown which get
s transformed into the witch's house in my book. So cool! I've been doing cartwheels about this for the past few days. (Well, not really, since I've never been able to do cartwheels and I'm pretty sure I'd hurt myself if I tried... But you know what I mean.) Click here to check out the online version of the article. And since the online version (sadly) does not include the rooster picture, here it is:

Rooster and Me

SCI FI Wire

Amazingly, Friday brought even more press. John Joseph Adams wrote an article about me and my book which appeared on SCI FI Channel's SCI FI Wire news service. SCI FI Wire is an awesome source of info about all things science fiction and fantasy. I've been reading it for years, so this was a huge rush for me. Check out the article here.

Northborough-Southborough Villager

To top it all off, I just found out that yet another article about Into the Wild graces the front page of the current issue of the Northborough-Southborough Villager. This is the local paper in the town where I grew up and where Into the Wild is set. And there's an online version. Click here to check it out.

After years and years of total obscurity, of never talking about my writing to anyone, this media coverage feels very surreal to me. First the article in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette which came out a few weeks ago (and which I blogged about here) and now these three. It's simply too much for my brain to process. I just hope that this helps people find their way to my book and that the book brings them some joy when they find it.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Faith said...

How exciting! And how can your book help but bring people joy when they read it? You did a beautiful job with it. Your characters are so delightful, and your story is so well-told, that everyone who reads it immediately wants to know what Julie does next. :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

*blush* Thanks, Faith! That's lovely to hear!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Erin said...

"I actually remember going to a Red Sox game and I brought a book to read and my dad was totally appalled."

I did this at some so-called "important" football game that my mom and brother took me to. I stood up when the crowd did, yelled a little when the crowd did, but managed to stay completely immersed in my book. I'm sure the surrounding fans were amused.

That was a really fantastic interview, Sarah. Nice!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Erin!

I'll have to work on cheering and reading at the same time. That's an impressive skill! I used to be able to walk and read at the same time (without bumping into things)...

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Sookie said...

Wow!!! That's a lot of good news in a small post. Love the rooster picture :-)

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Sookie! I'm rather fond of that rooster. He is to Northboro what the Eiffel Tower is to Paris. :)

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah!
Nice picture!Ilove your book!!! Please write many more!!!!How do you get your ideas about what to write? Kira
P.S. YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL IMAGINATION!!!!!!!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thank you so much, Kira! I'm so glad you liked Into the Wild!

The idea for Into the Wild came from the question: What would fairy-tale characters do if they lived in my hometown? The first answer that popped into my head was: Rapunzel would own a hair salon. And the story grew from there...

I just handed in the latest draft of the next book. I'm really, really, really excited about it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home