Sunday, August 19, 2007

Moondance in the Sun

Yay for sunshine! Yay for books! Yay for summer fairs and ice cream trucks and boys who look up from their Game Boy and say, "I can't wait to read your book!" and girls who turn to their moms and say, "I want to read this book! Can I get it, Mom? Please, please, please!" (Okay, I admit there were also kids who said, "No, Mom, don't make me get a book! Can I have a hot dog instead!?!" But I'm perfectly happy for my memories to be selective... :) )

I had the loveliest day on Saturday. I did a signing for Moondance Gifts (a fabulous gift shop in Eastport, NY) at the East Quogue Hamlet Fair. It was absolutely perfect weather -- you know, the kind of weather that makes you say, "Wow, it's so gorgeous out," so ofte
n that you begin to annoy yourself. Sarah, the store owner, was super-nice, and I signed many books and talked to many people.

My Day at the Fair

Such a lovely way to end my summer book tour-a-poloosa.

Yep, I said "end." But have no fear, I'm just taking a couple weeks off from book events. If you look on my Appearances page or back in this blog, you'll see that I have had a book event every single week starting even before my pub date. It's been very cool and very exhausting. But now I actually have some time before my next event (which will be the Princeton Children's Book Festival on September 15th). And I have grand plans:

1) Buy socks. I match socks based on how many holes they have in the toes. I'm pretty sure that's not how most grown-ups fold their laundry. I'm really not very good at this whole grown-up thing.

2) Ask husband to call Roto-rooter. This morning, I trooped down to the basement intending to wash my hole-y socks and discovered that our washing machine was half full of water. I'm no plumber, but I'm betting this is NOT a good sign.

3) Read Harry Potter 7. Yes, I bought it at midnight after my book signing at Eight Cousins, but between revisions and book events, I haven't had time to read it. I also haven't seen the HP 5 movie, but I don't want to get too nuts with this whole free-time thing.

Oh, and I plan to work on my Super-Secret-Special Writing Project. Shh, don't tell anyone.

What are your end-of-summer plans?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Regarding #1 about socks. You know how I wear socks, and sneakers, so I
won't comment on the matching part.
But seriously, when you say you're
pretty sure that's not how most
grown-ups fold their laundry, I think
you're missing the initial point that
grown-ups FOLD their laundry whereas
most of us who haven't mastered the
grown-up thing don't even make it
that far.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Cathie: Yay, I'm a partial grown-up! I do fold. I don't iron, though. I believe in the theory that if you get things out of the dryer fast enough, they don't need ironing. I have actually been known to re-wash shirts rather than bring out the dreaded iron...

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iron? Fe, right? An element,
isn't it? What's that got to do
with clothing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home