Wednesday, April 08, 2020

RACE THE SANDS Book Necklace Countdown: Book 8

I'm counting down to the publication of my 20th book, RACE THE SANDS, out 4/21, by sharing pics of each #booknecklace my husband gave me to celebrate each of my prior books...

Book 8 (adult): THE LOST is about a woman who is trapped in a town full of only lost things and lost people. My husband had a #booknecklace made for it that reads "Welcome to Lost," which is what it says on the sign outside of the town of Lost.



There's a myth that ideas spring into existence fully formed, like Athena from Zeus's head. But often they begin with a single moment. For this book, I was at a stoplight, blinker on to turn, and I wondered what would happen if I just went straight instead and didn't stop...

It was only after I started writing about that moment that I developed the idea for the town of Lost. I loved creating my town and imagining all the lost things that could be there: buttons, socks, paperclips, stolen artwork, foreclosed homes, dreams, lives...


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home