Friday, April 03, 2020

RACE THE SANDS Book Necklace Countdown: Book 3

I'm counting down to the publication of my 20th book, RACE THE SANDS, out 4/21, by sharing pics of each #booknecklace my husband gave me to celebrate each of my prior books...

Book 3 (YA): ICE, a fantasy adventure about an Arctic research scientist & a talking polar bear. The #booknecklace for this one is an adorable polar bear pendant. At the book launch, a reader asked my favorite question ever: "Do you like bears that aren't polar bears?" Yes, I do.

ICE is a modern retelling of the Norwegian folktale East o' the Sun and West o' the Moon. I was inspired by a picture book illustrated by the phenomenal PJ Lynch -- specifically, the moment when the bear asks the "lassie" if she's afraid, and she says defiantly "No."

I wrote this book as a love letter to my husband. And to polar bears.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home