Thursday, May 26, 2011

BEA 2011

I had a fantastic time this week at BEA (Book Expo America, an enormous annual convention focused on forthcoming books) as proven by the contents of my suitcase:


*sighs with delight*


But BEA is about more than the books. It's also about eating mashed potato martinis:


And greeting childhood icons:


(The only thing I could think of to say was "I admire your work." Really, Sarah? Mrs. Brady, I admire your work??)

Okay, so it's really about books. And talking about books
with other people who love books. I had so many great conversations with so many fantastic people that I feel literally dizzy when I think about it. Here's me with Laini Taylor and Marie Rutkoski, two absolutely awesome writer friends of mine:


I can't wait for next year!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Q said...

Envy envy envy.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger BookChic said...

I wish I'd seen you around! Lots of great books there and I had no idea Florence Henderson was there nor that they had her book. I did get to meet Jane Lynch on Thursday though which was amazing. Enjoy all your wonderful books- we have some of the same ones but you've got a few I was really looking for but couldn't get. :(

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Heather Tomlinson said...

Hey, hey-- speaking of getting together with book-loving friends, I just signed up for World Fantasy in San Diego & spotted your name on the attendee list. See you there!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: :) *cackles gleefully*

BookChic: Ooh, Jane Lynch! Cool! Is she as hilarious as herself as she is as Sue?

Heather: Yay, yay, yay! So happy you'll be there!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger BookChic said...

Jane Lynch was extremely hilarious. Hopefully they'll have her talk online at some point so everyone can watch it. She was signing cover flats of her memoir and was taking pictures- I have one of me and her on my blog. I didn't get a chance to say anything to her because I was so focused on getting a picture, lol. I'd also thought about slipping her business card with my number on it to give to Chris Colfer, but decided not to. I regret it now.

She did not wear a track suit though, lol. But definitely check out some interviews with her- you will laugh your butt off.

Anyway, I should be getting an ARC of your book soon. I requested it and they said it's on the way. I can't wait to read it!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home