Monday, January 17, 2011

Cover Art for DRINK, SLAY, LOVE!!!

Got an email from my editor with the most gorgeous present ever -- the cover art for my next YA novel, DRINK, SLAY, LOVE! I am deliriously in love with it, and I can't wait to share it with you. So without further ado...

(Please pat your hands on your lap so we have drum roll sound effects. Also, imagine a red velvet curtain raising up. And maybe a few trumpets.)

... the cover art for DRINK, SLAY, LOVE!


*swoon*

I love, love, love it! It fits the novel so perfectly! That's Pearl with her never-seen-the-sun skin and beautiful black hair and sardonic smile. You see, this is how the book opens:

"One hour until dawn," Pearl said. She leapt off the roof and landed catlike on the pavement. "Oodles of time, if we steal a car."

This cover is totally her.

DRINK, SLAY, LOVE is about Pearl, a vampire girl who develops a conscience after she is stabbed through the heart by a unicorn's horn. It's coming out September 13, 2011 from Simon & Schuster / McElderry Books.

I don't know the names of the cover artists/designers yet, but whoever you are... I think you are brilliant!!! Thank you (and everyone at Simon & Schuster) for this gorgeousness.

So... what do you guys think??? Do you like it?

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Q said...

I like this very much. It reminds me a touch of the cover of Heist Society--but I think that's just the smile. I also LOVE the title.

I'm now even more excited to read it!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: So glad you like it (and the title)! Heist Society was excellent. Also love the Gallagher Girls books.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Jay Asher said...

You always have some of the best covers on the shelves. This one is definitely intriguing!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Jay: Thanks so much! I feel immensely lucky. The cover folks are BRILLIANT.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha I love it! Can't wait to read it. :D

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Katie said...

That is one of the most gorgeous covers I've seen revealed recently! I would go straight for that book if I saw it on a store's shelf!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Test said...

Oh my gosh, it's SPECTACULAR, and I love the title even more! Can't wait to read it. :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Laura said...

WOW. I normally dislike Vampire books but, this cover and the fact that Unicorns are in it, i'll LOVE it when i read it, if its out in the UK.

I'm so happy for you Sarah!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

RichLayers: Thanks! It makes me smile every time I look at it.

KatieDoll: Great to hear! I think the S&S cover folk did such a fantastic job.

Lauren: Thanks! I can't wait for people to read it. It was soooo much fun to write. One of my best writing experiences ever.

Laura: They're kick-butt unicorns too. Those horns aren't just for show. :)

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Lauren B. said...

Oh, wow! Of the covers I thought would go on your book, it never occurred to me that a picture like that would do it! Good grief, who are these cover designers, and where do they get their creativity? I want to pick their brains!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger ChelseaW said...

Very very cool. A little sexy and a lot tantalizing! Can't wait to read it!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Lauren B: I don't know the designers' names, but I totally worship them. The balance of colors, the font choice... So glad you like the cover too!

Chelsea: Thanks!! Now I need to go shopping. I don't own any clothes that are cool enough to wear while signing a book that looks like this.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I really want to come to a signing when your signing this one. =)

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Pen said...

Really like it!!! Best of luck.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

I like it! :o)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lisa (starmetal_oak) said...

Yeah, I think it's a great cover!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Pen, Tarie, and Lisa: So happy you like it! Thank you!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Scarlett said...

Three words: Oh. My. Gosh

It looks soooooo amazing! I love it!!!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Cat said...

I'm excited to hear about your new book and look forward to reading every new book of yours...just one question: Is "Out of the Wild" EVER going to have a paperback release!?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Gina @ My Precious said...

Welcome to Cover Crazy. You should really post your cover link on the "linky tool" so more peeps will check it out.

I really enjoy this one. The spin off the Eat, Pray, Love title fits perfectly with the theme of this book.

Great choice!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Melissa Walker said...

Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home