Thursday, January 06, 2011

Hello 2011!

Snoopy Dance of Joy! Revisions are DONE!!!

This week, I sent off the revised manuscript for DRINK, SLAY, LOVE, my next novel. Cue dance music.

To be honest, I'm always a little bereft when I finish revisions. I adore revising, and I particularly adored working on this novel. This one was fun from start to finish. I am going to miss Pearl and Evan and Bethany and Jadrien and Antoinette and Matt and Zeke... But I can't wait to introduce you to them!

I have a date for that introduction: the official pub date for DRINK, SLAY, LOVE is September 13, 2011. It's on Amazon already, as well as GoodReads, which makes it feel a lot more real.

Still feels futuristic to write 2011. We're only four years away from the future date in Back to the Future II. And I still don't possess the skills to handle a hover-skateboard. Or, you know, a regular skateboard.

Anyway, these revisions are my excuse for my absence from this blog for the last month. I received the revision letter from my editor just after Thanksgiving. Given the way my family does holidays (sprawled across the entire month), the end of 2010 was VERY busy. But it was busy with family and writing, my two favorite things.

Also, lots of cookies.

Perfect way to end a year (and start a new one!).

So goodbye, 2010! Hello, 2011! And happy New Year, everyone! Wishing you all a year filled with health, happiness, and all of your favorite things!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Q said...

Oh, fantastic! A book to look forward to!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow! I carn't wait to read it.

Happy New Years, did you have a good Christmas Sarah, i got all 4 books in a searies in a package of two presants. =D Best presant ever for me this year.

What was your favorite?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jakob Dailes said...

Please tell me you kept in the normal vampire weaknesses (i.e. garlic, no reflection, holy water "it burnz uss"). Twilight makes me angry enough for that one reason.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jakob Dailes said...

Vampire Funny Fact.
In Greece, where vampires are called Vrykolakas, they believe our fanged foes are obsessive complusive counters. That's right: counting.
So apparently if you're being chased by a vampire, and you throw down salt or lentils or whatever, the vampire will stop to count the grains on impulse, letting you get away.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: I am SOOOOO excited. Hope you enjoy reading it as much I enjoyed writing it!

Laura: Happy New Year! Books are indeed the best presents!

Jakob: Yes, I kept the traditional vampire attributes. (I added a little bit of my own mythology too, but the no-reflection, holy water, sunlight-burns... that's all in there.)

Did you ever read Jeri Smith-Ready's WVMP Radio series? She uses the obsessive-compulsive vampire thing brilliantly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home