Monday, November 01, 2010

World Fantasy Convention 2010

I can sum up World Fantasy Convention 2010 in one sentence:

I talked to a LOT of people.

Or to be more accurate: I talked to a lot of really wonderful, awesome people, starting the moment I checked into the hotel on Thursday night and lasting until I boarded the plane home, with brief pauses to sleep and use the bathroom.

I am going to resist the urge to mention names because I might forget someone, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. (I love you all. Really. Especially YOU, person with whom I had a wonderful conversation. Yes, you. You're great.) But I did remember to take a couple pictures so I'll show those...

On right: Melissa de la Cruz, Me, Jim Frenkel
On left: Inara Scott, Cinda Williams Chima, Elizabeth Bunce


Me and Cinda Williams Chima

Beth Bernobich and Me

Yes, I know, I should take more photos. Here's one more:

Learned today: Books are heavy

These are all the books that I brought home from WFC. I took everything carry-on, and I am so pleased that I didn't knock myself unconscious while lifting the suitcase into the overhead compartment.

Anyway, the convention was fantastic. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Special thanks to everyone who came to my reading! You guys rock.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Q said...

So much envy.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Laura said...

You look lovely in your pictures Sarah. =D

Glad you had a good time, LOVE to see you with your books.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Adam Smith said...

Bordertown! You've got the new Bordertown book! Jealous as I am of your trip as a whole, this is the single most jealousy-inducing aspect of it.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: I love World Fantasy. Can't wait for next year.

Laura: Thanks! It was really fun. Lots of awesome people to talk to.

Adam: Hee-hee! Mine, mine, mine! *cackles with glee*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home