Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Danke Schoen

Sprechen sie deutsch?

I don't. Or really, any other language besides English, though I do know how to say "turtle" and "squid" in sign language. A full semester of it in college and that's all that stuck. Anyway, I am filled with this desire in learn German because I just found out that... (and here is where you can insert a drumroll, if you like)... a publisher in Germany has licensed the German language rights to both Ice and Enchanted Ivy! There are going to be German editions of my books! In, you know, German!

My German publisher is EGMONT Verlagsgesellschaften.

I think I will spend tomorrow learning how to spell that.

I am so over-the-moon thrilled about this that all I can say is...



Danke schoen!!!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Amy Sisson said...

Ja, ich spreche Deutsch!

In fact, on my recent trip to Germany, my primary activity there was prowling through bookstores. And mostly what I buy are children's and young adult books, many of which are translated from English (so I can get some help when I don't understand something in German).

I'll be watching out for these!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Laura said...

YAY, WELL DONE! =D

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger christine M said...

That's fantastic! I'll be sure to recommend your books to my cousin in Germany!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You should totally learn German! I only took a semester of it, but it's a lot easier than many people think, once you get over the truly awful length of the words - Germans take the idea of compound words seriously! I think the easiest language to learn is Swedish. I don't recommend French. Or Hebrew. Or Greek. I like languages (-:)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Amy: Cool! If you see it in Germany, would you mind taking a photo?

Laura: Thanks!!

Christine: Awesome. Thank you!

Jennifer: I love the enormous compound words. There's something so satisfying about so many consonants together, as if the words have meat on their bones.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

That's awesome Sarah! But I have a question. When did you need to know squid and turtle in sign language? When did the need for that arise?

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Catchy beat! Maybe your next top Secret project should take place on the streets of Berlin, ja?

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Wendy said...

Ich spreche Deutsch! I'll look out for both books. :)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Miss Bookiverse said...

I am from Germany, so I speak German :D Congratulations on your books being published in German. I already read Ice but I'm really excited with the cover they're going to come up with. It'll better be good. German book covers mostly suck to be honest :P
If you need any help with your learning German, I'm here to help ;)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Miss Bookiverse said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home