Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pictures That Make Me Happy

Lots and lots of writing going on here. I am closing in on the end of revisions for my next novel (my magic-at-Princeton book). This weekend, I am going to my first ever writers' retreat (Kindling Words), and I have high hopes of major progress. And s'mores. That's right, I'm told there will be a bonfire with s'mores! So. Very. Excited.

Anyway, while I play with words, I wanted to share wi
th you some pictures that make me happy.

This beautiful bear was drawn by Realm Lovejoy to accompany her interview with me on her blog. She draws pictures to accompany ea
ch author interview. Very cool.


And this gorgeous piece was created by Katie of Sophistikatied Reviews. I think it totally looks like a real movie poster. Check out all her fan art. Quite awesome.


Lastly, my friend Cathie sent me this photo from a store window on Madison Ave in Manhattan.


Now that is one snazzy polar bear!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princeton with magic... so, kind of like Pamela Dean's 'Tam Lin'? It's an awesome combination.

Beautiful pictures.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Amy Sisson said...

Love that artwork! I followed to her blog and scrolled through the author interviews just to see the art. Great stuff!

Magic at Princeton? Too cool! I grew up near there (Mercerville) so will look forward to reading this when the time comes!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger storyqueen said...

The artwork is gorgeous. Can't decide between the movie poster and the first bear painting which I like best.

(Of course, I am a sucker for a bear in a tutu.....)

Shelley

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Phebe H.L. said...

1ST pic: That is beautiful art, and a great 2nd cover!:)
2ND pic: Gosh for a second I thought there was an ICE movie (Sadly my happy-dance was ruined, lol)
3RD pic: GOSH!!!! That is so halarious! It is one snazzy fairy bear!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Bookworm said...

I love Sophistikatied's fan art movie posters! They're always so spot-on. If ICE were a movie, I would definitely see it based on that poster!

PS. I am so, so, sorry for being SO LATE on the review. **terrible blogger****

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ms. Yingling said...

I had classes doing folk and fairy tales this week, so I book talked your Out of the Wild series... of course, it was a little difficult, since the books both got checked out the first day. But think! You are in lesson plans now!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Boojumlol: So glad you like the concept! Thanks! I'm really, really excited about it.

Amy: Yeah, I love the one she did for Shiver with the footprints that change in the snow.

Storyqueen: I can't decide either. I adore them both!

Phebe: I wonder what a real bear would think of that snazzy bear... There was also a bear in a tux in the same window display.

Bookworm: She does an excellent job with them. I looked back through a whole bunch.

Ms. Yingling: Yay! So cool! Thanks for telling me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home