Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Book Revue and The Voracious Reader

Last week, I did a wonderful book event at Book Revue in Huntington, NY. Thanks so much to the fabulous booksellers and everyone who came by to listen to me babble. I read from and talked about ICE, and then we ate Cassie and Bear:


How cool is that?

Yummy too.

I love edible photos. I love that someone sat down and said,
"You know what this world needs? The ability to eat a photograph."

And you know what? I think he or she was right. The world does need things like edible photos -- things that exist purely to make someone smile. I think that is a noble purpose. Honestly, it's one of the reasons that I write. I love the idea of creating a story that can touch someone, make someone smile, take someone out of their worries and problems for at least a couple hours...

My next book event doesn't involve edible bears, but it does involve two other fabulous authors. This Friday, I will be at The Voracious Reader with Carolyn MacCullough (Once a Witch) and Delia Sherman (The Magic Mirror of the Mermaid Queen). Here are the details:


The Voracious Reader
Friday, November 13th at 7pm
1997 Palmer Avenue, Larchmont, NY


Hope to see you there!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Priya said...

That cake looks sooo good!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Q said...

Even with the tanking economy, airfare is too expensive.

Grumble.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kirthi said...

wow, the cake looks like it's an actual book! Who did you eat, Cassie or Bear? :D

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Antonietta May said...

want some cake are you *sure* you aren't coming to cali anytime soon?!and yes, the world needs more things that are just there to make us smile. (like the fact that 2010 is so loaded down with good books coming out.. i start jumping up and down just thinking about it)
and facebook flair- speaking of which- the ICE tagline flair has about 30 users!

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you're eating your words. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm glad the events are going well.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Priya: It was. Vanilla with raspberry filling. Yum.

Q: Someone needs to invent teleportation devices.

Kirthi: I ate my name. Seemed appropriate. :)

Hedgi: Yay for Facebook flair! Cool!

Boojumlol: Sweet. (Pun intended.)

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? I have to teach a (cardio kickboxing) double the next morning, but I am seriously considering driving to this event. By the bye, finished 'Ice' yesterday. Still processing. Might take awhile on account of the sheer AWESOME.

In related news, I want cake.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Ladyjoust: So glad you liked it! Hope to see you at Voracious Reader!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Phebe H.L. said...

Wow. That cake looks just like a book. Now I'm hungry! And like what Kirthi said, did you eat Cassie or Bear?
Toodles!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Q said...

I have a sister at MIT and have been trying to convince her to set her brilliant friends to work on it, but I don't think she's been persuasive enough yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home