Friday, October 16, 2009

Thanks, Events, and the Most Awesome Photos Ever

Thank you, everyone, for all the emails, messages, comments, and calls! Cassie, Bear, and I had a wonderful launch week!

On Tuesday, I participated in Teen Author Reading
Night at the New York Public Library. I read from the beginning of ICE, shared a few embarrassing anecdotes, and showed off my replica polar bear claw (because every reading should have a show-and-tell portion).

I think I may bring the claw to all my book events. My
next event is this Sunday. And it's an awesome one! At Books of Wonder!!! BoW is a wonderful bookstore in NYC, and they always do a fantastic job with events. I'll be appearing with a great line-up of fellow YA authors. I can't wait! Here's the info if you'd like to see me and my claw:

Books of Wonder
Sunday, October 18th from 1-3pm
Fantastic Fiction Reading/Signing with Troy Cle, John Connolly, Marissa Doyle, Sarah Beth Durst (that's me!), John Hulme, Daniel Kirk, Diana Peterfreund, Dan Poblocki, and Michael Wexler
18 West 18th Street, New York, NY



If you can't come see me in person and are wasting away in despair from Lack of Sarah (a seldom-discussed-but-very-real malady), you can "listen" to me babble online. Here are a few brand-new interviews with yours truly:

Fantastic Book Review
Enchanted Inkpot
Jeri Smith-Ready's Blogtoberfest
A Fort Made of Books

Wordswimmer


Lastly, I have to share with you some of the MOST AWESOME PHOTOS I HAVE EVER SEEN. Please excuse the all-caps. These photos
are totally all-caps-worthy.

They were taken by Enna Isilee of Squeaky Books, and I hope she doesn't mind if I re-post them here:




How cool are these?!?

Um, no pun intended.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Bunny B said...

Very cool! And CUTE!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

Tee. I have to give some credit to my workmates Michee (who thought of most of the little things like where to put the book and the background) and J***** (who had higher clearance than me, and could actually go right up to the polar bear, that's his hand).

We're glad you like them!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

*points* YOU I will be seeing you on Sunday!!!!! :D *flails*

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Bunny B: I agree. I love these photos.

Enna Isilee: I am picturing you guys with the "Mission Impossible" theme playing in the background...

SavyLeartist: YAY!!! See you soon!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Antonietta May said...

sigh. i wish i lived on the east cost. or utah. i NEVER get to meet my favorite authors. like, ever. this saddens me.
but ( brightish side) there is now a facebook flair with ICE's tagline on it. it's my new fave flair. btw, i just finished it. AMAZING. just.. wow.wowowow.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger brizmus said...

Those photos are adorable!
i can't wait to read your book!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Casse AKA Catholic Kittie said...

The dog one is so adorable. I absolutely love how he is looking back at the book like "what the heck?!" Funny.

Casse

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

The last one is so adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home