Friday, September 18, 2009

Counting Down

Counting down to pub date!!! Check out this snazzy countdown timer! I can't stop staring at it. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock...


Find out more about ICE!


If you'd like to count down with me and get a copy of this timer for your blog or site, please click here for the code to copy-and-paste.

I'm told that when the countdown reaches zero on your site, the ceiling above you will open up and release balloons and confetti, fireworks will boom and flash outside your window, a miniature brass band will pop up on your desk, and a parade of pink elephants and dancing hippos will march through your house/office.

Okay, perhaps that's not entirely true.

Hippos can't dance.

But when the countdown reaches zero, you could, if you want to, do the Snoopy Dance of Joy and know that at that same exact second, I'm doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy too. So we'd be Snoopy-ing together, and that's kind of cool, right?

In related news, there's a lovely review of ICE up on Reading Rocks. Totally made my day. :)

And in unrelated news... the winner of the HUSH, HUSH giveaway is: Becky. Congratulations! Please email me your mailing address, and I'll send you the ARC. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

That is a very snazzy counter, I love it! And if I had a site it would be on there. (As it stands I'll probably be doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy anyway when my book falls through the letterbox in...17 days! Hoorah!)

Congratulations on the lovely review too! :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

That counter is so nifty!! I can't wait!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Q said...

Ooh, spiffy.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Antonietta May said...

spiffy counter!
in order to not, ya know, go broke, i'm only allowed one book a month( to purchase- as many as i want from the library) and October's book is without a question 'ICE'. i can't wait. i've read other versions of the same tale- 'East' and "Sun and Moon,Ice and Snow" have you read those?
ps, my brother has polar bears on his pajamas, but he wouldn't let me take a pic of them for you :(

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Hannah: Yay for Snoopy Dance of Joy! I can't believe it's coming so soon!

SavyLeartist: I can't wait either! Soooo excited!

Q: Thanks!

Hedgi: I want polar bear PJs. So jealous. I do have polar bear socks that I adore...

I haven't read either East or Sun and Moon yet, but I've heard wonderful things about both of them.

Thanks for making Ice your October choice!!

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hippos dancing...reminds me of a childrens' song by sandra boyton called "when a hippo can dance"

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Anonymous: I was totally referencing that song! I'm so pleased someone caught that. I love that song. Makes me smile every time I hear it. Also love Personal Penguin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home