Sunday, June 03, 2007

Review from Charles de Lint Now Online

I'm still at BEA (Book Expo America) in NYC -- which has been AWESOME -- but I was excited to share the following.

The July 2007 issue of the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction is finally out! (OK, considering it's still early June, I suppose "finally" is somewhat over-the-top. But I've been waiting for this since April, so you know what I mean.) Loyal readers of this blog may remember that I got just a little bit excited when I found out that Charles de Lint had written a nice review of INTO THE WILD in this issue. And now that the magazine is out, his July "Books To Look For" column is available online, so I can finally give you a link to it. Here's a quote:

"Sarah Beth Durst kept me reading because she's so inventive with her take on fairy tales' relevance to our world... The fun of INTO THE WILD is in recognizing the iconic figures from fairy tales and seeing them in this new light that Durst has provided for us. You'll breeze through this book and you'll have a fine time while doing so." -- Charles de Lint, author of Wolf Moon and Blue Girl, in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction

Click here to read the full review. It's the second review of three in the Books To Look For column.

Much more about my adventures at BEA coming soon...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Allanna said...

What a wonderful review!

I can't wait to read it myself!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Squee!! You know I've already ordered your book, right? And you promised that I could send it to you for your autograph, remember? Hmmm? :)

Seriously, I'm glad you're having such a great time, and even more glad that you're getting such wonderful reviews!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the great review! It's well-deserved.

It was great to meet you at BEA, even if only briefly. I'm sorry that I couldn't stay and talk but I was on my way to an appointment.

And by the way, I tagged you:

http://www.wandsandworlds.com/blog1/2007/06/8-things-meme.html

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Allanna: Thanks so much!!

Faith: So cool! Of course I'd be happy to autograph it! Or if you don't want to trek to the post office, I'd be happy to send you a signed bookplate that you could just stick inside. Your choice.

Sheila: It was so great to meet you too! I'm sorry that we didn't get to talk for longer. Hope you had a good time at BEA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home