Friday, June 15, 2007

Hour of the Wolf

This Saturday, I will be the guest author on Hour of the Wolf, a two-hour live radio show featuring fantasy and science fiction, hosted by Jim Freund. It's broadcast out of NYC on WBAI 99.5 FM, but thanks to the wonders of the internets, those outside of NYC can listen to live streaming audio of any WBAI broadcast by clicking here.

Listen to my dulcet tones emanating from your radio.

I'm told that the show consists of throwing an author into a recording studio, releasing a pack of wolves, and then recording the chase to the tune of the Bugs Bunny soundtrack.

Or, more accurately, I think I'll be chatting about writing, and fairy tales, and my book, and for part of the show, I'll be reading from INTO THE WILD.

I do know that this program features an author every week and has had some really amazing guests. I'm really, really excited to be this week's featured writer. So excited that I'm willing to get myself up at 3am to get there.

Yes, I said AM.

The show airs live from 5-7am EDT on Saturday morning, so I need to be at the radio station by 4:30am.

This is very early.

Or very late, depending on your point of view.

Regardless, I'm excited. And a little nervous. The only thing I know about radio shows is what I read in Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn, which is about a werewolf with a radio show... Wait a minute... Hour of the Wolf... werewolf... uh-oh.

Seriously though, if you're up that early, tune in. (And even if you're not up that early, you can still listen to the show after-the-fact by going to the WBAI archive page.) Jim is an excellent host. Plus with me being me, I'm bound to say something inane and/or insane. I think there's a call-in portion of the show too, wherein you could be directly responsible for making me say something inane and/or insane. If I get really flustered, I may even howl at the moon.

(Note to self: Do not howl on the radio. You'll frighten the cat.)

Again, here's the vital info:

Hour of the Wolf
Saturday June 16 from 5-7am EDT
WBAI 99.5 FM in NYC (or online here)

Talk to you soon!

6 days until the Wild is unleashed...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home