Friday, June 08, 2007

Chocolate-Powered Prose

Today I sent the revised manuscript for book #2 to my editor. Snoopy Dance of Joy!

Now I need a nap. I haven't gone to bed before 2am in... oh, much too long. Been downing lots of Raisinets and Hershey's Kisses and other sugar-and-caffeine-filled chocolate goodies. (I'm not a coffee drinker.) This is what I look like right now:


I desperately wanted to finish this round of revisions before my summer book events started -- which meant today, since my first book event (at least my first one with finished copies of INTO THE WILD) is tomorrow at the Worcester Public Library in Massachusetts. So yesterday, I printed my entire manuscript for book #2 double-sided in an itty-bitty font so that I could stuff the entire thing in my purse and do one final read-through on the train to Manhattan.

Yesterday's Manhattan trip was to attend a going-away party for John Green and Sarah Green, who are moving to Indianapolis very soon. Got to talk with many fabulous people -- Scott Westerfeld ate my fries! -- and the party was a lot of fun. I finished my final read-though on the ride home, so now I'm done! At least until the next round of edits...

Off to Worcester tomorrow morning for my first signing ever!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger heidi said...

LOL at the YOU ANIMAL! Congrats on finishing BOOK TWO--how crazy that you're just speaking on Book One the DAY you finish Book Two. What if you start talking about the wrong book? Ooops, never mind--don't want to jinx you. How sad for the Big Apple to bid farewell to its Prom King! How fun for you to attend! Anyway, mucho congrats and luck and have fun! Oh yeah, and thanks for the agent congrats *very very excited am i*

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Heidi: Thanks for the good wishes! I'm proud to report that I did NOT talk about the wrong book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home