Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boston Authors Club Award Finalist

Happy news here!!!

ICE has been selected as a finalist for the Boston Authors Club Young Readers Award!

So exciting! I get to attend a fancy awards ceremony and everything -- May 6th at the Boston Public Library. Until then, I'll be doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy:



This is yet another reason for me to love Boston. With no disrespect meant to my current home, I'm a Massachusetts girl at heart. I grew up near Worcester. (That's pronounced "wis-tah." Also, sprinkles are jimmies. Water fountains are bubblers. You pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd, and it's all wicked good... though I should point out that no actual Massachusetts person would ever say "pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd" because everyone knows it's virtually impossible to find an open parking spot in Harvard Square. Much better to just take the T.)

After college, I lived in the Boston area for five years, and I loved it. I loved the Au Bon Pains on every block. I loved the Make Way for Duckling statues in Public Garden. I loved all the bookstores in Harvard Square. And of course I loved the Boston Public Library. I used to take an enormous LL Bean tote bag to that library and lug huge piles of books all the way back to Somerville. I think my arms are still sore.

Anyway, I am very, very excited and thrilled. Thank you so much, Boston Authors Club!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Leah Cypess said...

Oh, how awesome - congratulations! Maybe I should become a member so I can come to the ceremony. :)

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Well done to ICE =D My dream is to be at an event that you are part of. But NY is too far from the UK..

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Phebe H.L. said...

Well done!! ICE deserved it! I hope you love Boston, I might go there from the 5-10 of June!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads! that snoopy dance is really funny!

- Jordan Stone

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Verenda Harrt said...

Gasp! A writer. Finally. I've traveled through this blog world and I've only found two writers. Hmmm... Thoughts from a writer.... I LIKE IT!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY ICE!!!!!!! I can't wait to read it!

-Jordan Stone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home