Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 NYC Teen Author Festival

The 2010 NYC Teen Author Festival is this week!

Organized by the always-awesome David Levithan, the festival runs from March 15-21, features 70+ YA authors, and includes readings, panels, and signings all over New York City. You can see the full schedule here.

I'll be participating in two of the events:

FRIDAY, MARCH 19TH
NYC Teen Author Festival Symposium
New York Public Library (South Court, 42nd Street -- the one with the lions)
2:10 - 3:00 "Using Genre to Tell the True Story of Adolescence" with:
Judy Blundell
Sarah Beth Durst
Lauren McLaughlin
Diana Peterfreund
Sara Shepard
Maggie Stiefvater
Robin Wasserman

SUNDAY, MARCH 21ST
NYC Teen Author Festival Signing
Books of Wonder (18 West 18th Street)
2:00 - 5:45 Massive Book Signing
We will be signing in shifts. I'll be signing at 2:45 - 3:30 with:
Tom Dolby
Heather Duffy-Stone
Sarah Beth Durst
Elizabeth Eulberg
Gayle Forman
Aimee Friedman
Jenny Han
Alice Hoffman
Carla Jablonksi
Melissa Kantor
Kristen Kemp
Michelle Knudsen
Peter Lerangis
David Levithan

I'm very, very excited about this. The signing on Sunday is at one of my all-time favorite bookstores and will include more authors than you can shake a stick at. (Not that you should be shaking sticks at authors. That would be an odd thing to do.) And the panel discussion on Friday is at the main building of the New York Public Library.

When I found this out, I said to my husband, "It's at the one with the lions! Yay! I'm so excited! Lions!"

My husband said, "That's great!" He paused. "Wait. You're expecting the lions to talk, aren't you?"

"Of course not!" I said.

"Good," he said.

"I'm expecting them to sing."



Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Lenore Appelhans said...

I hope they sing for you!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Lenore: Singing lions are even better than talking cats. :)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Antonietta May said...

nothing is ever in cali. sigh.
i will pretend i am there. in reality i will probably be at the dentist :(

have fun being awesome and meeting all your very, very lucky fans and the other cool authors.
oh, by the way, have you read "Farworld" by J. Scott Savage? i think you would like it.

can't wait for IVY

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Danielle said...

"I'm expecting them to sing."

The theme song for Between the Lions popped into my head as soon as I read this.:)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

AHHHH!!!! Why do I have to live SO FAR from NYC!?!!?

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there on Sunday! I'll be recovering from a Saturday night gig and (heaven help me!) teaching an early morning kickboxing class.

On a side note, I did extra work on an episode of Between The Lions (I knew the woman who played/voiced Cleo). SO. MUCH. FUN.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

Please contribute a list of your 10 favorite poems to my poem survey. Read more about it here: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=9520

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Phebe H.L. said...

Darn! I want to go to nyc!

Also, when you were talking about between the lions, the theme song popped up in my head. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home