Friday, September 28, 2007

A Culinary Discovery

I have made a brilliant discovery.

We're talking a stand-on-the-rooftop, shout-'til-you're-hoarse discovery. A discovery deserving of fireworks and parades with elephants. May I have a drum roll please... Introducing, from your local supermarket, a delicious culinary treat...

Fritos and red pepper hummus.


"Ewwww!" you say??? As said I before I was enlightened. But do not mock until you try it. It is unnaturally delectable. The perfect storm of snacks.

The key is it must be red pepper hummus. Not just ordinary hummus. And not garlic herb hummus, not lemon hummus, not vegetable hummus, not any other kind of hummus. Roasted red pepper hummus, preferably Cedars brand.


And it can't just be any kind of chips. Be warned: Tostitos will not work! It must be Fritos, preferably the scoop kind, though I suppose you could substitute the original variety in a pinch.


Sooooo yummy. Seriously. I now buy two tub
s of the hummus and two bags of Fritos so that my husband and I don't have to share. Within days, it's all gone. This is what we look like when we're done.


But it's sooooo worth it. And really, this is a totally healthy treat. You see, just plain hummus wouldn't cancel out the unhealthiness factor of Fritos, but hummus with red peppers... that's two veggies for one chip. Two minus one equals one, and one veggie is totally healthy. Right?

Go. Try it. And let me know what you think!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sarah Prineas said...

You have to mention this on the day I'm going grocery shopping?! The snack monster I live with lurrrves hummus and if I combine it with free-toes he may combust with joy.

However. We are a garlic hummus family.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Faith said...

mmmmmmmm. See, you've just put two of my favourite things together. I totally love Fritos, and never get them unless I'm having a party. And I totally love hummus, and I make the stuff all the time. And it just so happens that I'm having a banned book party next Friday.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sarah: I like the title "snack monster." I'm picturing something like a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater in a Doritos T-shirt...

Faith: Banned book party, very cool. Hope you have fun (and of course eat many Fritos)!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sookie said...

Mmm....Fritos.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home