Monday, October 12, 2015

New York Comic Con 2015 (Part 1)

I was one of the guest authors at NY Comic Con this year.  If you've never been to Comic Con, here's what you need to know:

They have battle pigs.



And lots of Lego minifigures.



And Ghostbusters, to keep you safe on the off chance that the battle pigs and the Lego minifigures become possessed by angry ghosts and attack.


The best part about the above photo was that as I was passing, the Ghostbuster was explaining to the cops how all his ghost busting equipment worked, presumably trying to recruit them.  The cops looked interested.

I also took this shot of a man dressed as every character every played by Johnny Depp all at once:
 

And here is Voldemort, hailing a taxi:


I don't know whether a taxi stopped for him, but when I looked back, he was gone.

I had such a fantastic time at Comic Con!  Saw and met so many great people, plus I was on one of the best panels I've ever been on.  It was called Fantasy Draft League, and in it, each panelist had to choose a warrior, wizard, thief, cleric, and wildcard character to make up the most awesome fantasy quest team ever.  So much fun.  I'll write about it more in my next blog post. 

Here are photos of me and my fellow panelists (from left to right in the top photo: Naomi Novik, Sam Sykes,
Bradley Beaulieu, Zac Brewer, Sarah Beth Durst, Eleanor Herman, and David Pomerico) at the panel and at our autographing:




And lastly, here's the Empire State Building, looking lovely in pink:



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home