Tuesday, May 27, 2014

THE LOST comes out today!

Lost your way?

Your dreams?

Yourself?

Welcome to Lost...


I am so very thrilled to announce the release of my new book, THE LOST!!!  This is my first book for adults, and the first in a new trilogy, published by Harlequin/Mira.



THE LOST is about a woman trapped in a town full of only lost things and lost people.

One morning, Lauren Chase gets into her car to go to her dead-end job, but instead of making a left at the light, she drives straight.  And drives and drives until she runs out of gas in a town called Lost.  Once there, she can't leave.  Lost is surrounded by an impassable wall of dust.  And the only people who aren't trying to kill her are a mysterious wild man called the Finder and a knife-wielding six-year-old girl...

If you're interested, you can read the first two chapters here.

I loved writing this book.  I felt like I was breathing with Lauren, laughing with her, crying with her.  Usually, I swear by outlines, but this one... I followed Lauren to Lost and discovered its quirks, horrors, and beauty with her.  I fell in love with this bizarre town where socks and keys clog the gutters, feral dogs roam the alleys, suitcases litter the parking lots, and a single red balloon always floats overhead.  And I can't wait to share it with you!

So, welcome to Lost!  I hope you find what you're missing.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This book sounds wonderful! Can't wait to read it!

http://constantlyreadingmomma.com

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Kyle: Thanks so much!!

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just finished The Lost and loved it. When will the sequel the Missing be in circulation?

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved this book. Great work can't wait for the next one!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved The Lost and am dying to read the sequel! When is it coming out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home