Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who Done It?

Not so long ago, I was invited to a party at an old pickle factory with 80+ other YA and children's book authors.  It was hosted by the most cantankerous book editor ever: Herman Mildew.  As grumpy as Cruella de Vil, as socially maladjusted as Voldemort, as fussy as Sauron, Herman was despised by all.  And before the end of the party, he was dead.

We were asked to submit our alibis.  Jon Scieszka collected them in an anthology, proceeds to benefit literary non-profit 826nyc.  That anthology is out today from Soho Press: WHO DONE IT?

My alibi may or may not involve dragon's blood...



I hope you'll join me in wishing a fond farewell to Herman Melville and a very happy book birthday to WHO DONE IT? 

Thank you, Soho Press, for inviting me to the party!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home