Sunday, September 30, 2007

Cover Art for Out of the Wild!

Just got an email from my editor with a lovely, lovely, lovely attachment... cover art for OUT OF THE WILD!!!


That's Julie flying a magic bathmat! And in the top right corner is Gothel on her broomstick with Boots on her back! Squeeeeeeee!!!

I have been staring at it for... oh, hours now. Like the cover for INTO THE WILD, it's designed by the awesome Jose Nieto of square zero. Below are the two covers side by side. Don't they look cute together? (Yes, I am doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy.)


       

I added the new cover to the Books page of my website, and I wrote up a little description of OUT OF THE WILD to accompany the pretty new cover...

Warning: The following contains spoilers for INTO THE WILD. If you haven't yet read INTO THE WILD, please avert your eyes.

*****

Out of the Wild
by Sarah Beth Durst
coming June 2008
from Razorbill / Penguin Young Readers

Julie's long-lost dad is a fairy-tale prince. Literally. And when he is suddenly and inexplicably freed from his fairy tale, Julie thinks she's finally found her happily-ever-after. But when he dashes off to save a damsel who's distressing, it's up to Julie to bring him home, protect the family secret, and while she's at it, save the world.

Join Julie on a magical road trip across America. A flying bathmat, a very drowsy princess, a fire-breathing dragon, and several thousand magic beanstalks... Julie's world, our world, will never be the same again.

*****

What do you think? Do you like the cover for the sequel? I think Jose did a wonderful job, but I suppose I'm a bit biased...

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

It's brilliant!

But along with the cover art, the titles make both books so complimentary. Together, they're even more powerful than alone.

Absolutely beautiful!!!

- Jay

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks so much, Jay! I'm so glad you like it!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Holly Black said...

I'm so glad to find out what happens to the dad!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Holly: Excellent. I thought you might like that this one was about Dad. He was a lot of fun to write. I hope you like how it turns out!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Erin said...

YAY! Wow! It's gorgeous, I love it! I am so psyched for it! Wheeeee!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh, and a MAGIC CARPET! I LOVE magic carpets! *happy squeel*

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Erin: Thanks!!! Actually, it's even better than a magic carpet. It's a magic bath mat! :)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Allanna said...

I think it's BEAUTIFUL.

I'm so glad that you were able to get the same cover artist.

And the blue is such a pretty shade!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Allanna: Thanks! When the cover art first arrived, I spent a good half-hour just flipping between the Into the Wild cover and the Out of the Wild cover and sighing happily. :) I think purple and blue are now my two favorite colors.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! Can't wait to pick it up!


Into the Wild is making its way around my classroom, from one girl to the next. I'm so excited!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sarah: So cool to hear!! I'm glad your students are enjoying it. Thanks for telling me!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

! Oh My Goodness! It looks AWESOME. The description makes me WANT TO READ IT SO BAD!
Let me repeat:
!
Ack!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sookie: Thank you so much! I'm so glad you're looking forward to it! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

The cover looks wonderful. Making it complement Into the Wild's art is an excellent idea. I'm very much looking forward to reading this one, as well.

-Dave B

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Dave! I can't wait to see the two books side by side in all their shiny splendor. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home