Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Review and Some Awkward Segues

This past week, I got a lovely review for INTO THE WILD from Jen Robinson (kidlit blogger, online reviewer, and 2006 Cybils judge) on her site, Jen Robinson's Book Page. Here's my favorite bit:

"What I like best about the book is the way Julie is a real 12-year-old girl, albeit living in unusual circumstances. She isn't some sort of idealized fairy tale princess... But she's loyal to her family and to her best friend, and she's capable of making huge personal sacrifice for people she loves."

Yay for Julie!

Click here to read the full review.

On an unrelated note (or more accurately, a note that's only related because it involves my book)... The February issue of Publisher's Weekly includes a listing of spring/summer children's book titles, and INTO THE WILD is in there! I know, I know, that's not really news, especially since it's been online for a while. But I just picked up a copy of the magazine yesterday, and even though I'm well aware that the book is coming out this summer, and even though I'd already seen the PW listing online, seeing it there in print was something totally different. Wow. Very wow. Part of me still doesn't believe this is really happening.

This issue also included listings for many of my fellow 2k7ers, which was also cool to see. (If you're wondering what the heck a 2k7er is, click here.)

On a note that's only related because I mentioned 2k7... The next issue of the Class of 2k7 e-zine is coming out on April 15th. If you haven't signed up yet, click here to subscribe. It will be full of lots of cool info about a pack of cool and kooky debut authors (including yours truly).

On a note that's only related because I mentioned "kooky"... Mary Poppins is a lot scarier than I ever knew. Click here to see the movie trailer for Scary Mary Poppins.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you liked the review, Sarah! I quite enjoyed meeting Julie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home