Monday, December 01, 2008

Prince Caspian

Just got back from visiting my relatives over in Narnia. It was a wonderful trip. Per usual, we did have some difficulty reaching Narnia. We were going to use those magic rings, but the cat ate them (again) so we had to enter via Eustace's boat painting and I get seasick so that wasn't pleasant. But once there, we had a delicious Thanksgiving feast of Talking Turkey and faun-sausage stuffing...

Okay, I'm just kidding. I'd never eat a faun.

Here's a photo of me and my cousin Prince Caspian:


I love that photo. It is so supremely dorky. That's not Prince Caspian, of course. Or even the actor who plays Prince Caspian in the movie. That's just some guy in Disney World dressed up like the actor who dresses up to look like my cousin Caspian.

I was in Disney World last week and I simply had to meet him -- though I didn't see the movie, I did have an essay in the Teen Libris anthology Through the Wardrobe: Your Favorite Authors on C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. So I wanted the photo to send to my editor at BenBella, and the whole meet-and-greet amused me so much that I had to share it with all of you too.

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend filled with family and fauns too!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

.....he....is....BEAUTIFUL!!! xD Lucky!!!

Btw, I have something for you!
http://savyleartist.deviantart.com/art/For-Sarah-Beth-Durst-104692411

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Alyssa F said...

Haha. I worked with him over the summer...

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, wow! That totally makes me want to go to Disney World now...geeks unite!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Q said...

That makes me giggle. You are too awesome.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

SavyLeartist: I love the picture! So cool!!!

Alyssa: That's so funny. Were you one of the character-handlers? I know I've said this before, but I'm totally jealous of your summer job.

Beth: They also have Star Wars Weekends in the late spring. We were there for it one year and saw Anthony Daniels speak. I thought that was awesome. C3PO!!!

Q: I giggled for at least a solid ten minutes afterwards.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

I'm so happy you like it I spent a long time on it making it just right :D:D

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jakob Dailes said...

Oooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taisha. Allen. 23.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princesses

 
At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taisha. Allen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home