Monday, July 07, 2008

And More!


Locus Magazine, the trade magazine for SF/fantasy publishing, has a special issue out this month about young adult fiction. As you can see on the cover, it features essays by Neil Gaiman, Holly Black, Justine Larbalestier, Scott Westerfeld, Graham Joyce, and more! A closer look reveals the secret identity of "and more!" to be uber-editors Sharyn November and Ruth Katcher, National Book Award finalist Kathleen Duey, and MEEEEEEEEE!!! Hee hee! How cool is that?!

I am beyond excited that they published my essay along with essays from all these giants of YA SF/fantasy, though keeping myself from singing a certain classic Sesame Street song has been a struggle. One of these things is not like the others...

Nevertheless... SNOOPY DANCE OF JOY!!!

Ooh, and I just noticed, there's also a nice review of Out of the Wild in the very same issue of Locus. Too cool!

I wish I could give you a link to my essay, but it's not available online, only in print. My title is "Why YA?" to which my answer is pretty much, because it's awesome!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Q said...

Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I might just have to get my hands on that essay...

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger tanita✿davis said...

And something even MORE to make your day! Congratulations!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: Thanks! Hope you like the essay!

Tadmack: Awesome!! Thanks for the link!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Congrads Sarah!!! I'm so happy for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home