Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Wild Returns!

Book Birthday

Out of the Wild is now out in the wild!!! YAY!!!!


Today is the publication date for Out of the Wild. And I am so, so, so excited. We're talking more excited than a kindergartener in a vat of chocolate ice cream. More excited than a kangaroo on a pogo stick. More excited than a monkey who escaped the zoo in a banana truck. I really love this bo
ok. I had a lot of fun writing it and am so thrilled that it's now out there in the big, wide world.


Out of the Wild is the sequel to Into the Wild. The two books are fantasy adventures about fairy-tale characters who escaped the fairy tale and what happens when the fairy tale (the Wild) wants its characters back. In Out of the Wild, Julie (Rapunzel's daughter) reunites with her long-lost father (the Prince) for a magical road trip across America. There's a flying bath mat, a kidnapped princess, a fire-breathing dragon, and several thou
sand magic beanstalks. And of course, the Wild is back. And it's still hungry...


You can read more about it on my website, including a sneak peek at the first chapter, and if you're interested, the book can be purchased at your local bookstore, and online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Powell's, Booksense, or any other online book retailer.

Book Launch Celebration

If you're in the Worcester, MA area this Saturday, please
join me in celebrating the release of Out of the Wild! I'll be talking, reading, and signing at the Worcester Barnes & Noble at 2pm. Also, we will be serving cake decorated with the cover art from Out of the Wild! Very yummy cake! Here are the details:

June 21st (Saturday) at 2pm
Barnes & Noble Worcester
Book Launch Event! With cake!!!

Lincoln Plaza, 541 D Lincoln Street, Worcester, MA

Hope to see you there!

Julie in the News

Just this week, Julie and I made the news in central Massachusetts. Check out this lovely article in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette!

I am totally doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy.

Back-to-the-Future Box

And I just wanted to share with you one other Snoopy Dan
ce of Joy moment: my Back-to-the-Future box arrived this week!

A bit of explanation... At the end of the movie "Back to the Future", Marty returns to 1985 and learns that his father has realized his life-long dream of becoming a writer. He watches his dad receive a box full of author copies of his published novel. I always loved that scene, and I dreamed of my ow
n Back-to-the-Future box.

Last year, when my author copies of Into the Wild arrived, that dream came true. This week, it came true again when I received my author copies of Out of the Wild and the paperback of Into the Wild. Here's a photo of my beautiful Back-to-the-Future boxes:


YAY!!!

Happy Book-Birthday, Out of the Wild! And thank you all for letting me share with you my joy and excitement on this occasion.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Rick can't comment b/c he's at a major book retailer waiting for the midnight release party!

Go Go Wild!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Q said...

Can I have a virtual piece of that cake?

I am so excited for you!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy book birthday!

Yay! More Julie!

:-)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, congrads!!! I'm so happy for you!! It must be really exciting :D

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Rick: Hope you had fun! Go Wild!!!

Q: Yes, I'll save you a virtual piece. :)

Janni: Thank you!!

Savyleartist: Thanks! I am so, so, so excited!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

Squee! I got your e-mail, so funny!

OotW is so good!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Q said...

Also: there's an article in the June Reader's Digest that is clearly named after ITW, but it doesn't have anything to do with Julie. What's up with that?

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

ps I've gotten to part two of ITW, and ughhhh you !! you!!! I can't put it down now!!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Heather Tomlinson said...

Congratulations! Hope the cake was every bit as delicious as the cover.

H

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Ryan Torres said...

Jon is a master cake server! Nice to see everyone in Worcester, especially your hubby and the shy girl in his arms whose only words to me were "No!" I guess I have that effect on many women.

Great book burp-day(sp?) and I am already tearing through my signed copy. Hope to see you again soon.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Enna Isilee: Yay! Glad you like OOTW!

Q: Julie says she's not offended. :)

Savyleartist: Hee-hee! Enjoy!

Heather: It was very delicious. Raspberry filling. My favorite.

Ryan: So great to see you! That was such a fabulous surprise!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger AnnaDee said...

i got it today!!! its awsome!!!!
must get of computer and finnish/continue!
anna

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Hi, I was the girl who talked to you in worcester while you signed books for my cousin.

I just wanted to say that I read both of your books yesterday, and I liked them quite a bit. :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

AnnaDee: Yay! Thank you! So glad you're enjoying it!

Meg: Great to meet you! I'm so glad you liked the books! Thank you so much!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger AnnaDee said...

i'm very happy, i just finnished OotW. AHHHH it was soooo good!!!!!!! i can't believ i finished it! iLoved the ending, loved it loved it, loved it!!!
i must give these to my cousins and mom to read.
then we can all read them and talk about how cool julie is together.
AWSOME barely covers what i read. keep it up Sarah!
~anna
(i put both you books undermy fave books : ) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home