Monday, June 23, 2008

Book Launch at Worcester Barnes & Noble

Trip Report: Worcester Barnes & Noble

Out of the Wild has been released into the wild! (Bad puns intended. Sorry. I can't help myself.)


Last weekend, I drove up to Massachusetts for the book launch event for Out of the Wild at the Worcester Barnes & Noble. I had such a fabulous time! Old friends, new friends, total strangers, lots of kids, and
of course... cake!

Yes, after I talked and read, we ate Julie.


Vanilla cake with buttercream icing and raspberry filling. Yum.

You want to hear something disgusting that I probably shouldn't admit in public? When we brought the leftover cake home, we had to throw away the cake from the book launch for Into the Wild in order to fit it in our basement fridge. Not freezer. Fridge. We had year-old cake in our refrigerator. For months, we've been saying that we must throw it out. But we wer
e afraid that if we removed it from the numbing chill of the fridge, it would scurry across the floor, scare the cat, and disappear into the walls to haunt us forever... We didn't dare open the cake box as we scooted it out of the fridge and into a trash bag. It landed in the bag with a very solid thunk. Apparently, after a year, cake petrifies into stone.

Now there is lovely new leftover cake in its place, and I promise that I will not let this one sit there long enough to either petrify or grow tentacles and a personality.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who came to my
book launch! You all made the day really special for me. Sending you many hugs.


Upcoming Event: Teen Author Reading Night

This Wednesday, I will be participating in Teen Author Reading Night at the Jefferson Market Branch of the New York Public Library. I'll be reading from Out of the Wild alongside the following fabulous authors: Susane Colasanti (Take Me There), John Coy (Box Out), Daphne Grab (Alive and Well in Prague, New York), E. Lockhart and Sarah Mlynowski (How to Be Bad), Randi Reisfeld (Rehab), and Rachel Vail (Lucky). Here are the details:

June 25th (Wednesday) from 6-7:30pm
Teen Author Reading Night
New York Public Library, Jefferson Market Branch
425 6th Ave (at 10th St), New York, NY


If you're in NYC this Wednesday, I hope to see you there!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Amy Sisson said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had a good time.

May I ask a silly question? Where did you get your cake -- or did your publisher or B&N take care of that? The reason I ask is that the one time I tried to get a cake with a book cover on it, the cake people told me they couldn't use a copyright image. Sigh.....

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

*tears of jealousy* Utah! Utah!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

*mouth water* Thee looks awesome!! Congrads Sarah!!!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Q said...

Yummy cake. Cute skirt. I want that book!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Amy: Thanks! I had a great time. For the cake, I just went to our local bakery. Our local Carvel will also put any image on an ice cream cake. I'd bet that your cake people are the exception.

Enna Isilee: Maybe someday... I do like Utah...

Savyleartist: Thanks so much!

Q: Thanks! That's my "Wild" skirt (since it has flowers and vines and such in the design).

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Ryan Torres said...

Hey is it too late to leave a Café Press t-shirt design? See it in my webspace

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Ryan: This is so awesome!!! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home