Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Newspaper Article, NYPL Reading, and Recent Reviews

Lots of news to report today. Articles, readings, reviews, oh my!

Worcester Telegram & Gazette Article

On the ego-feeding front, there's an article about me and INTO THE WILD in today's issue of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, the leading newspaper in the Massachusetts city near where I grew up and where INTO THE WILD is set. It's the cover story for the Entertainment section! And there's a lead-in blurb on the front page of the newspaper!!! I'm so excited about this.

Click here to check out the article.

Teen Author Reading Night

Tomorrow, I will be reading from INTO THE WILD as part of this month's Teen Author Reading Night. If you're interested, here are the details:

WEDNESDAY JULY 11, 2007 from 6-7:30pm
New York Public Library, Tompkins Square Branch
331 East 10th Street (near Avenue B), New York, NY

The line-up of authors is:

- Lauren Barnholdt (Two Way Street)
- Hobson Brown, Taylor Materne, and Caroline Says (The Upper Class)
- Sarah Beth Durst (Into the Wild)
- P.E. Ryan (Saints of Augustine)
- Robyn Schneider (The Social Climber's Guide to High School)
- Kieran Scott (A Non-Blonde Cheerleader in Love)

Hope to see you there!

Recent Reviews

A whole bunch of people have recently written reviews for INTO THE WILD. Here are some excerpts:

"The story of how Julie rescues her mother, and learns a little something extra about herself and her family, is beautifully told. The adventures are fast-paced and enthralling. The support characters are supportive (Julie's best friend, who valiantly blows her trumpet for hours to help Julie, and her "brother," Puss-in-Boots, are among the most memorable of these) and multi-dimensional. I highly recommend this book. My thoughts upon finishing it were, "Wow! I can't wait to read about Julie's next batch of adventures." I hope there will be a next batch of Julie adventures, because I like the characters, and I like Sarah's writing style." -- Faith Stencel, ChaucerianGirl (Read full review)

"I really enjoyed this book... It's modern, it's hip, and it's nostalgic. Who hasn't wanted to be the princess in a fairy tale? Who hasn't wanted their own Prince Charming? Sarah Beth Durst shows us the other side of the fairy tale coin. I look forward to any more works from her!" -- The Reading Zone (Read full review)

"Ever have a strange occurence where you've judged a book by its cover, and it turned out to be a wonderful book? That was what Into the Wild was like for me. I love the cover! I love how creative it is--and I especially like the walking cat. You don't see too many walking cats on book covers now, do you? And the book proved to be as interesting and thought provoking as its cover." -- Over My Head (Read full review)

"The author blends a variety of genres, and fairy tales in a intricate and engaging read... The novel, though entrenched in fantasy, offers up some very real messages and themes, and is so enjoyable, you'll hope the "ever after" never comes." -- Bri Meets Books (Read full review)

"INTO THE WILD is an entertaining read and an intriguing puzzle to crack." -- Alexis Burling, KidsReads (Read full review)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's good to see Into the Wild getting more love!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Sookie!!!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Bri Meets Books said...

Thanks for linking to my review, Sarah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home