Saturday, September 23, 2006

Google-ability

I am now officially Google-able!

Nearly two weeks ago, I submitted my site to Google. For days, Google ignored me. I began to feel unloved. I searched the help guides for why, oh why, my site was deemed unworthy. I turned to the official explanation of how Google works:

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

Perhaps I hadn't bribed the Google pigeons with enough bird seed. Maybe Hansel and Gretel ate their bird seed... But now it looks like the Google Gods have forgiven me:

Check out what you get if you google me!

Yay!

In other ego-surfing news, I also now appear on Amazon.com:

The first time I saw this I almost peed my pants. My thought pattern went something like: me ... amazon ... ME ... AMAZON ... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! And then I had to lay down and rest for a bit...

They list the old title, RAPUNZEL'S DAUGHTER, instead of the shiny new title, INTO THE WILD, but that's my book. And it can be pre-ordered!!! How crazy it that?! Now I just need to finish revising it...

I also learned from Amazon that INTO THE WILD has its very own ISBN number: 1595141561. Isn't it pretty? If you say it with just the right lilt in your voice, it's really quite melodic. One five nine, five one four-o-our... I think I need to rest again...

1 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You should set up an author's Profile on Amazon, and mirror some of these fine blog posts there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home