Monday, September 04, 2006

My Book

Before I veer off into random entries (and I'm sure I will -- I know me, and I'm betting I won't last a week before I tell you about the Bricklebrit donkey or that dream I had where I was Cindy Brady's imaginary friend...), I probably should tell you what my book is about. Here's the blurb from Publishers Lunch (a listing of books sold) on June 28, 2006. Note that the title has since been changed to INTO THE WILD.

Children's: Middle grade
Sarah Beth Durst's RAPUNZEL'S DAUGHTER, the story of a 12-year-old who must fight wicked witches, avoid glass slippers, fly griffins, and outwit magicians in order to rescue her mom and save her town from becoming a fairy tale kingdom, to Liesa Abrams at Razorbill, by Andrea Somberg at Harvey Klinger (NA).

And if you want a little more detail, here's the description that I wrote for my website:

"'Let me put it this way,' Julie said, 'when your mom cooks, she doesn't have to close the doors to make sure the Gingerbread Men don't run outside.'"
Junior high is tough enough, even when your family is ordinary. And Julie Marchen's family is anything but ordinary: her brother is a talking cat, her grandmother is a bonafide witch, and her mother is Rapunzel. Yep, that Rapunzel -- long hair, tower, prince... 500 years ago, Rapunzel escaped the fairy tale with her fellow storybook characters to live incognito in our world. But now Julie's world, our world, is about to change -- the fairy tale wants its characters back.


OK, now you know what my book is about. Stay tuned for more about that Bricklebrit donkey...

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said in my mail, Sarah, after reading your first ms., I knew anything you did would be good, but this sounds like it's going to seriously rock. I can't wait to read it!

Tammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home