Tuesday, May 21, 2024

SPY RING comes out today!!!

Today is the book birthday for my new book for kids, SPY RING! I'm so excited!! SPY RING is about two modern-day kids on a treasure hunt left by real-life American Revolutionary War-era spy Anna Smith Strong (America's first female spy!). It combines a contemporary fictional adventure with historical fact about George Washington's Culper Spy Ring. And it's out today from HarperCollins/Clarion Books!

 

I live in Stony Brook, NY, two miles from where Anna Smith Strong lived, spied, and died. There are historical markers everywhere, as well as signs for the Washington Spy Trail along the nearby roads. Seeing them, I knew there was a story around me, and I knew I had to write it. I had so much fun both researching and writing this book, and I'm so happy it's out in the world!

If you would like to learn more about the book, read the first chapter, and/or view a photo tour of the real-world locations in SPY RING, please visit my website: http://www.sarahbethdurst.com/SpyRing.htm

Happy reading! And happy spying!

(Cover art by Brandon Dorman; Photo by Kimberly Phyfe)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home