Saturday, June 02, 2012

Stuff I Did in May

It's June.

I like June.  But I love May.  I love the leaves popping out of the trees, the new flowers, the baby animals, and all the other life-is-great, rah-rah-rah moments.  Also, the lack of mosquitoes.

Some things I did in May:

- Got a year older and discovered the true joy of Facebook: all the lovely birthday wishes.  Also ate a Carvel ice cream cake.  (It's my birthday tradition.  My husband promised me when we got married that he'd always get me a Carvel ice cream cake for my birthday.  It was practically part of our wedding vows.)

- Picked strawberries.  They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious.  And when you mixed in sugar, they were divine.  (Yes, I do judge the quality of a month by its food.)

- Saw a deer in my backyard.  I attempted to sneak closer in a bid to befriend it like Snow White, but it bolted.  Later, I told a friend about it, and he said, "Were you scared?"  At the time, I thought this was a comment on my usual lack of bravery.  But then I started thinking...  Should I have been scared?  Are there man-eating deer on Long Island?  So I am now on the lookout for carnivorous Bambis.

- Turned in SWEET NOTHINGS to my editor at Walker / Bloomsbury.  Yay!

- Walked a red carpet with thirteen other YA authors and then was followed by a marching band at a book festival called Authors Unlimited:


- Attended my high school reunion and did not claim that I invented Post-Its.

So that pretty much sums up the month.  In June, I'm diving into a new writing project, attending BEA (BookExpo America), and watching out for vicious deer.

For those of you attending BEA, please stop by the SFWA booth (#3591) on Wednesday June 6th at 2pm.  I'll be signing copies of DRINK, SLAY, LOVE and would love to say hi!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A novel with carnivorous deer would actually be awesome, if combined with the killer squirrels. Especially in the light of deer as an invasive species . . .

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Antonietta May said...

...Last May, I got to see a baby deer take her first steps and first faceplant. It was ADORABLE.
Also, I have to ask: when, if ever, will we se more fairy tales? I read them to my roomies at night, and we ran out, so I've had to use my Calvino book and do some of my own, but they aren't half so good as yours. More fairy tales, please? *kitten eyes*

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Madalina said...

I've just read Drink, Slay, Love first chapter and it was amazing. You are an awesome writer :).

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger sjp said...

Isnt the only reason for attending reunions to claim you invented post-its?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home