Sunday, March 04, 2012

Announcing SWEET NOTHINGS

I have been keeping a secret...

*tip-toes, looks furtive*

Not about the portal to other worlds in my basement. Everyone knows about that. But a better secret... books!

I sold two new books!!!

Excuse me while I add a few more exclamation points to that.

TWO NEW BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the announcement in Publishers Marketplace:

Children's: Young Adult
Sarah Beth Durst's SWEET NOTHINGS, about a teen in the paranormal witness protection program, who, haunted by dreams of carnival tents and tarot cards, must remember her past and why she has strange abilities before a magic-wielding serial killer hunts her down, to Emily Easton at Walker Children's, in a very nice deal, in a two-book deal, by Andrea Somberg at Harvey Klinger (world).

SWEET NOTHINGS will be published in fall 2013, followed by a second TBD book in fall 2014. (Both of these follow VESSEL, of course, which comes out in fall 2012.) I am, as you might imagine, over-the-moon excited about this, and I hope you'll join me in performing the traditional Snoopy dance of joy!!!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Sara (of the Page Sage) said...

Congrats!!! :D I can't wait to read them. (:

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Congrats! More books from you is ALWAYS something to be happy about! :D

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh congrats! That sounds flipping fantastic!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger BookChic said...

Congrats to you!! That's totally awesome! :) I can't wait to read all of your upcoming books.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Alice V.D. said...

I'm so happy for you, Sarah. *hugs* I can't wait to get my hands on these books. :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

SQUEE! Talk about a high concept where the impossible is made possible! (I'm taking a screenwriting course and online writing workshop; we talked all about high concept.)

Double squee for it being a carnival! YES!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sara, Katie, Ashley, BookChic, Alica, and Priya: Thank you!!!!! *still dancing*

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Heather Tomlinson said...

Wahoo! Very exciting news!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger stacie said...

so excited for you, more excited for us the readers. i love all your books and cant wait. snoopy dance!!!!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Heather and Stacie: Thanks so much! I'm really, really (and many more "really"s) excited!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Anne M Leone said...

Ohhhh.... that sounds really good! Can't wait to read it. Congrats!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger TerryLynnJohnson said...

what a premise! I can't WAIT to read it.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Lola said...

Awesome! Congrats! I can't wait to read them!!! :)

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Joanna said...

Congratulations! That must feel incredible. I can't wait 'till they come out in Australia:-)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Book Sake said...

Wow 2 more! Congrats!
- Jessica @ Book Sake

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Anne, Terry Lynn, Lily, Joanna, and Jessica: Thank you!!!!! (Yes, I am still Snoopy-dancing.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home