Thursday, September 01, 2011

Countdown Begins

Still no electricity, thanks to hurricane Irene.

I am typing this by candlelight on a borrowed iPad powered by the equivalent of a car battery. It feels like Little House on the Prairie... if Laura blogged. And had an iPad. And a car battery.

On the plus side, I was in California while the hurricane was in New York. Also on the plus side, no trees fell on my house, which is a minor miracle. Our yard has approximately three trees for each blade of grass, and the trees loom ominously above our sad strip of lawn.

At any rate, the reason I'm going to such lengths to blog is because it is September and that means... DRINK, SLAY, LOVE is coming soon!!!

So I'd like to officially start the countdown to pub date. Since I have no electricity, it will have to be a manual countdown. First, I'll put the neighbor's hedgehog in a hamster wheel. He'll turn the wheel, which will power a lightbulb. My cat will then use the light to create shadow puppets, all of whom will point to the calendar on the wall, which I will then read and say...

12 days until DRINK, SLAY, LOVE!


ETA: Power is back!!! Guess I'll need to return the hedgehog...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay- first comment, but I'm sorry to hear about the power outage.

A September pub date is perfect because that's the month people will be suffering from Buffy withdrawal (if they've been watching reruns over the summer). Not that I'm talking about myself, of course.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Priya: I'm so happy that the power is back. And that no trees landed on my house. And that it didn't flood, despite the fact that we normally have to place buckets around during rain storms.

I miss Buffy too. :)

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that there's been little damage; hurricanes can be brutal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home