Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hour of the Wolf Radio Show

I was on the radio yesterday! I was the guest author on Hour of the Wolf, a two-hour radio show on WBAI (99.5 FM, broadcast from NYC), hosted by the fabulous Jim Freund. Here's me on the air!!


I had such a fabulous time! We talked a lot about fairy tales and a little about Sir Nils (a penguin who was recently knighted -- how awesome is that?). I read two scenes from Out of the Wild, and we listened to music from Sondheim's Into the Woods.

If you'd like to hear the interview, the recording is now available online. Click here to listen to the streaming audio. I start talking about fifteen minutes in... And if you listen carefully at the end, you might be able to hear baby barn owls squawking...

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I out the owls on accidentally, I thought they were way cool.l; You can see them hoot in person for yourselves. Just be warned that their eating habits can be gross.

It was a pleasure having Sarah on the show, and I hope she'll join us again.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Q said...

I have to wonder how barn owls got in the studio.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Congrads!!! Thats so cool Sarah!!! ....how'd owls get int othe studio...?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Jim: Thanks for having me on the show! I had a fabulous time!

Q and SavyLeartist: I'd like to say the studio has pet barn owls, but in reality, Jim was showing me a webcam of baby barn owls and the computer speaker was on.

New fact that I learned: when baby barn owls are born, their eyes are so big that they can't lift their heads...

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Oh woooow thats cool.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Oh woooow thats cool.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

That's sweet! My favorite station is 99.5 FM. Of course here in Utah it's a completely different station...

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Tamora Pierce said...

Don't you love the recording hour?! It's a great show, don't get me wrong, but no wonder wolves are up then--the hunters aren't!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Tamora: I was surprised by the number of people who were out and about on the streets at that hour, though I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't so much early morning for them as very late at night... It was certainly easy to get a cab...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home