Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad, bad blogger. It's been ten full days since my last post. But I have a good excuse. Actually, I have ten.

1) I was stuck under an elephant.

2) A crocodile ate my computer.

3) I was distracted by a shimmery vampire.

4) I transformed into a bird.

5) And then into a manatee.

6) And I was embarrassed because everyone kept calling me "sea cow".

7) Including the shimmery vampire, who was actually kind of hot, though I prefer werewolves in general, except for the whole alpha male thing, which is annoying.

8) I fell into a rabbit hole and refused to eat the mushroom. (Never eat unidentified mushrooms, especially on the say-so of an obnoxious caterpillar.)

9) My house was sent to Oz via tornado, and the Munchkins only have dial-up. I hate dial-up.

10) I was writing (which is difficult to do from beneath a pachyderm and in the presence of a shimmery vampire, a crocodile, and three hundred Munchkins... especially since manatees don't have hands... please don't call me sea cow).

Luckily, while this was going on, other people have been blogging about me...

Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast h
osted a tri-review where bloggers Jules, Eisha, and Tadmack discussed Out of the Wild at length. Very cool.

And there's a brand-new interview with yours truly up on the brand-new Nebula Awards website.

I also found a whole bunch of new reviews of Out of the Wild, thanks to the wonders of Google Alerts. If you're interested, you can see them on the Reviews page of my website (a.k.a. my Happy Page).


Upcoming Event

Now that the whole manatee/vampire/pachyderm incident is over, I will be doing a book signing in Long Island this Saturday morning. Here are the details:

Saturday August 2nd from 9am to noon

Waldenbooks - Lake Grove
Smith Haven Mall, Lake Grove, NY


It's the morning after Breaking Dawn comes out, and the bookstore manager invited me to be part of their festivities. I'm kinda afraid people will think I'm trying to impersonate Stephenie Meyer... So I made this sign to put on the table in front of me...


This amuses me to no end. But I'm easily amused, especially by my own jokes. What do you think? Does this come off as funny, or jaded and bitter?

In any case, if you're in the area, please stop by and say hi!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Q said...

I like that sign. Bring it here. (Pretty please?)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Anne Leigh said...

Veggie Tales Time! *sings* Barbra manatee! (manatee manatee) You are the one for me! (one for me one for me)

Oh you could totally get away from those munchkins w/ your mission impossible moves xD

Shimmery vampires! (Are so much better than wolves that act like BABIES!) And Breaking Dawn!!! w00t! And so what if you're not Steph? Your amazing :D I love the sign

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Penelope said...

I just showed this to Jessica at work and she's now bouncing up and down saying "I wish I could go! But I'll be in North Carolina!"

She also says to tell you that she loves you more than Stephanie Meyer.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger AnnaDee said...

i need that poster......
i'm starting a poster wall.
well, i for one prefery julie to bella. so there. even if 90%of all the teenage girls(and there mothers) i know love mr. edward a bit to much.

love the excuse list.
i belong to a book review conforums, and one of the earliest posts refers to your books as(into the wild)'a thrilling and hilarious story, told wonderfuly. a great read.. i mean it, go buy it now!'
and (out of the wild) 'all i have to say is that the ending was perfect. absolutly perfect!'

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: So glad you liked the sign!

SavyLeartist: I had no idea there was a manatee theme song! I must now alternate that with the Mission Impossible theme on the soundtrack of my life...

Penelope: Aww, that's so sweet!

AnnaDee: Go Julie! What a wonderful review! YAY!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that Into/ Out of The Wild have topped my list of favorite books,however shimmering vampires are very cool. But having a book signed by you is sooo much cooler, being a fellow Northboroite (or something along those lines... I dont know the official term)

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Samantha: If Northboroite isn't the official term, I think it should be. Thanks for your kind words! Great to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home