Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

Just polished off the last of the leftover Thanksgiving turkey. The pizza place will be pleased. They've missed us.

We had a busy holiday weekend. (Okay, yes, it was ages ago. I'm a bit behind here. Sorry!) Here's the quick recap:

Thursday: Ate a lot. We calculated that there was enough food for each of us to have 2 pounds of turkey, 10 meatballs, 5 slices of beef, 3 pies, and 6 tons of stuffing. We're good eaters here.


Friday: Book signing at the Borders in Meriden, CT. Great place for a book signing, and a great day for it too. This Borders is in a mall so there was quite a bit of foot traffic on Black Friday. The super-nice Borders folk set me up with a lovely table right near the mall entrance. I talked to lots of people. In fact, I found myself saying hello so often that at one point, I realized I'd said hello to a Children's Place shopping bag. (It had photos of people on it and was carried by right at my eye level.) Thankfully, the bag did not reply.

Saturday: Reading and signing at t
he Borders in Shrewsbury, MA. Another great store with super-nice staff. They set up a big, beautiful rack of my books in the reading area, and then wheeled out a handcart full of Into the Wilds to the front of the store for the signing. I really, really wanted to build a big, beautiful, purple igloo made of copies of Into the Wild around me, but a little voice in my head whispered that that might be a tad unprofessional. The little voice in my head was undeterred by the fact that having little voices in one's head is also a tad unprofessional.

Purple Igloo Building Materials

Sunday: Apologized to family for spending most of the weekend at bookstores. Returned home.

Next blog post: Tuesday's visit to Bancroft School in Worcester.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Anyone have any interesting turkey stories? How about tofurkey stories? (How much do you love that word? Tofurkey. I could say it all day. Tofurkey, tofurkey, tofurkey...)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fairly certain that most professionals have little voices in their heads. In fact, I think it would be considered unprofessional NOT to have a little voice in you head telling you what to do. This is why professionals are all a little wacky. As opposed to amateurs who attempt to squash the little voices in an attempt to remain sane.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Judi Guizado said...

Hi Sarah,

Yes, tofurkey is fun to say, but I'm deriving an inexplicable amount of joy from uttering turducken. Never eaten it, but I've sure said it enough. Give it a try, won't you?

Sarah, I realize I only know you from the fringes, but I am so proud of your success! Huge congratulations to you!!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

H: Ha!

Judi: Thanks so much!!

Just looked up turducken on Wikipedia. Sounds very fairy-tale-esque: a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home