Saturday, November 03, 2007

Northboro School Visits (Part 4 of 5): Proctor

On the Thursday, I visited Proctor School in Northboro. To my ultimate embarrassment, I got lost on the way. (I swear it didn't look like a dead end on the map!) Lost in my own hometown. Sheesh. Luckily, though, I tend to leave for places ridiculously early -- I'm the one who shows up at the airport three hours before the flight -- so I was perfectly on time.

Like Lincoln Street, Proctor had an awesome surprise for me. I set up for my presentation in the library, the third graders walk in with their teachers, and I turn around and see that one of their teachers went to elementary school with me!

Laurie McCabe and Me

It was very cool to have someone from my Northboro elementary school days right there in the audience. Kind of gave a full-circle sort of feel to the day. We last saw each other back in fifth grade, when I was first deciding that I wanted to be a writer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home