Monday, April 30, 2007

Brotherhood Pig.0 - Straw

One of the best things about having written a fairy-tale-based novel is that I get to meet fairy-tale characters all the time. Oh, yes, it's true. They come over, tell me their stories, we have tea, it's all very nice. But lately, as the release date for INTO THE WILD has gotten closer, some of them have gotten a bit pushy, started asking for favors. And hey, I owe these characters, so I'm happy to oblige.

Just last week, I was contacted by a famous porcine trio. They explained that they are big fans of John Green and Hank Green's video blog, Brotherhood 2.0, and that they wanted to use Sarah's Journal as a platform for their own experiment in video blogging. Unfortunately, pigs have some difficultly operating video cameras, so the three brothers have elected to do their blog in text instead. Anyway, without further ado, I'm proud to present Brotherhood Pig.0. Today, we'll hear from Straw. Tuesday and Wednesday, Sticks and Bricks.

Three Brothers, One Blog
3 Days of Text-Full Communication
It's a whole new kind of brotherhood.
Brotherhood Pig.0

Good morning, Sticks. Good morning, Bricks. It's Monday, April 30, and today I am thinking about horses. Now, you know me, and you know I am a friend to all domesticated farm animals, be they porcine, bovine, or equine. But lately, I have been wondering if horses could benefit from a new type of food. Specifically, not hay, which as I'm sure you've noticed, closely resembles straw.

Yes, that's right. I am having a little equine problem here. I lost my front porch to a peckish filly yesterday.

As you both know, I am very proud of my house. It's environmentally friendly. Carbon-neutral, in fact. And it's rather unique. You don't see thatching like this outside of England. Do you have any idea how many hours of work it took to thatch the roof of that porch without the benefit of opposable thumbs?

Speaking of thatching, did you know that... Did the wind just pick up? Hold on a minute while I close the window... What the...

OK, Sticks, Bricks, fellow pork-fighters... You aren't going to believe this, but there's a big hairy dude outside and... This is seriously not cool. He's totally adding to the level of carbon dioxide around here. Definitely increasing WorldPuff.

I think he just called me "little piggy."

Hey, furball, I do not say "wee, wee, wee" all the way home! I am a mature swine, thank you! Did that horse send you?

Whoa, watch the thatching!

Sticks, Bricks, I'll see you tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever, Sarah -- found you by way of B2.0, and must go read the other entries now. Well done!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Kelly! Glad you found me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home