Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lunacon Schedule

This weekend, I'm off to another fantasy/science fiction convention!!!

For some reason, as I'm writing this blog entry, this song keeps running through my head.

Yes, there are frequently Muppets singing i
n my head. It's fun in here.

Inside Sarah's Brain

Anyway, the convention is called Lunacon. It's in Rye, NY. And I will be a program participant. Yay! You can check out my schedule here on Lunacon's snazzy website. Or you could, you know, just read this:

Fri. March 16, 7pm - Panel - Keith DeCandido, Sarah Beth
Durst, Elizabeth Glover, Victoria McManus - "So It's Your First Con"

Sat. March 17, 10am - Panel - Sarah Beth Durst, Joseph
a Sherman, Catherynne M. Valente - "Writing Fairy Tales"

Sun. March 18, 10am - Panel - Sarah Beth Durst, Tamora Pierce, Catherynne M. Valente - "Children's Fantasy"

Sun. March 18, 11am - Panel - Patricia
Bray, Sarah Beth Durst, Amy Goldschlager, Tamora Pierce - "Danger in Children's Fantasy"

Sun. March 18, 12:30pm - Reading - Sarah Beth Durst

Cool, huh?

My first panel is with Keith DeCandido, an e
xcellent writer and a great guy. I met Keith at the very first convention that I ever attended (so long ago that it fades into the dim recesses of memory), so I think it's particularly cool that I'll be on a panel with him at Lunacon and particularly appropriate that the panel is called "So It's Your First Con."

In the Dim Recesses of Sarah's Mind
(Yes, when you search Google Images for "dim recesses," it gives you a vampire squid.)

I have two (count 'em: two!!!) panels with Tamora Pierce. 'Nuf said.

Queen Tammy

And then I finish with a reading from INTO THE WILD! I can't wait!

Hope to see you there.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh, now THIS is the one I REALLY wish I could be at!! *sniff* Have fun. :)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Heather Tomlinson said...

wow, great lineups! can't wait for the recap--

Heather

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Now I just have to find a flight to New York,pay for it (somehow), find some way to convince my parents and school that going to New York is absolutely necessary because I have a long-lost family member who lives there and is dying and wishes to see me, then I have to research and FIND a relative who can be easily movied to New York and who is dying and who wishes to....oh forget it. I'll be there in *spirit*. Have a great time with Tamora Pierce!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Erin, Heather, and Sookie! I did have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home